The GRANSHOT® metal granulation process splits up liquid metal into droplets which are rapidly quenched in water forming solid metal granules. The GRANSHOT® configuration is tailor-made for each application.
- Liquid metal to solid granules in 30 seconds
- Industrial high capacity up to 250 tonnes/hour
- Compact unit size
- Granules have ideal logistical and metallurgical properties
- Minimal environmental impact
Over the years, UHT has made close to 50 GRANSHOT® installations in the iron, steel, ferroalloy and metal recycling industries.
UHT offers equipment and process control systems for AOD and CLU® refining of stainless steel and ferroalloys to enhance operational efficiency and flexibility. With the CLU® process superheated steam is introduced as an additional process gas.
- Complete AOD and CLU® converter plants
- Key-components for revamps
- Accurate and flexible gas mixing station
- Hydraulic converter drive
UHT has supplied converter solutions to among others Ugitech, Sandvik, Acerinox Columbus Stainless and Samancor Ferrometals.
Sophisticated real-time process control system for AOD and CLU® converter refining based on highly advanced thermodynamic and mathematical models.
- Complete automation and level 2 system
- Possibility to simulate and test prior to converter processing
- Cost efficient control of raw material, equipment and process time
- Continuous real-time prediction of end result
- Rapid response to sudden changes during refining
UHT has supplied UTCAS® systems to among others Sandvik Kanthal, Outokumpu and Acerinox Columbus Stainless.
Go to Process Control